If academic education is important, not least finding employment commensurate with our level of education or professional profile. When we decided to start looking for employment actively, it is essential to developing a resume appropriate to our professional profile, level of education or training, as job seekers. This CV will our presentation sheet face to look for a job that is appropriate to the training we have at all times.
Concept Curriculum Vitae
The concept of this term has its roots in the Latin word meaning “path of life, career life.” It is defined as the union of all data relevant to the professional category, employment and status of the person as a candidate for a particular job. It is also important to note that the data are to be written according to a chronological order, starting with the last job and also including the duration. It is also important that the data contained are related to the job position you choose the candidate.
Resume and cover letter
When a person is seeking employment must be clear that companies do not know and therefore, the only way they know is presenting his resume. This tool is often used as an introduction and serves for companies to know the career in the workplace, skills, abilities, and qualities that presents the individual.
Develop this sheet or cover letter effectively is not easy. Therefore, we must spend some time in order to achieve job interviews that allow access to the labor market.
Although we will explain more about such a fundamental issue as it is, how to make that letter, some tips as a previous notions could be these:
- Putting in place so that the recruiter will facilitate reading, based on a logical and reasoned order.
- Use a standard format and to simplify the understanding of the data in it are collected.
Thus, the chances of achieving our goal will be increased, that is, be interviewed by the personnel recruiter.
How should I prepare
The letter is vital view to achieving a recruiter who cite us for a future interview for that job that we chose. Although there are plenty of issues to consider, some of the most notable are:
- Preferably use is paper format DIN A4 (letter) and if white is possible.
- If you have computer, it is submitted to PC to avoid it done by hand and thus promoting the understanding of the text.
- It should not be adorned with covers or similar distinctive distracting or difficult to understand the content posted.
- Its extension must be 2 sheets maximum, for readability by the recruiter.
Presentation of content
As happens in every situation and human contexts, image is important and how we make the content of our letter is too, since it will help us face to achieve the job we are looking for.
Some recommendations as to how we should present the contents of our Curriculum Vitae are:
- We begin with a header in which the name of the candidate for the job is indicated.
- To draw the attention of the recruiter person, color sources used bold type.
- According to divide it into different sections or paragraphs, titles and subtitles will be used respectively. Again according to the specific needs of the individual according to his development of CV.
- Generate visual appeal using images or separation lines that highlight specific features.
- Emphasize notable aspects of the candidate using letters score higher than others.
- Use margins and keep the contents tidy with corresponding spaces and punctuation suitable according to each case.
- Avoid deception or falsified data and are not real.
As an unwritten rule, the resume is a way to make available to the recruiter skills of the candidate. These skills must be emphasized so that the recruiter perceives is the ideal candidate for the job.
Elements of the Curriculum Vitae
There are a number of elements that this letter as a job seeker is made:
- Personal data.
- Professional experience.
- Level languages.
- Personal skills.
1.- Title: this part often tends to be omitted. However, it poses a great impact and greater than we might think. It is used to introduce ourselves as professionals in only a few words. Furthermore, it is an excellent and very concise to tell the recruiter who you are and what you can do.
2.- Personal data: in this section incorporate data relating to the person such as: name, address, home phone and email. They see, basic data that will identify the person.
It is recommended to have an email account exclusively for job search, as opposed to any other that is used for any other purpose. The correct structure of the email should be as follows:
Name + Name + @ hotmail / @ gmail / @ yahoo / @ outlook
Preventing junk like “sobrelasolas @ …” or “chiquitasexy @ …” because first impression reflects a somewhat casual person not be ideal for the job, use a formal and neutral to stop seeing your information at a glance as alejandrohernandez @ gmail.com, and leave for friends e style “golosa69 @ …” or “maquinadefuego @ …”.
3.- Objective: In the job expectations of the candidate be included, areas of knowledge that are of interest and other activities you would like to play in the future.
The recruiter will use this section aim to identify which are compatible goals between the candidate and the company offering the job. For this reason, a recommendation is to take into consideration the needs of the company in accordance with the wording of Objective.
4.- Professional experience: having work experience is important for recruiters. This is where you confirm whether or not the person has sufficient knowledge and skills required for good performance in the job offered.
We recommend starting by the nearest professional experience, the last job you have had, without forgetting that this should include information such as the name of the company where he worked, the position or office served describe skills and also those achievements.
In the case of the achievements of the company, they are a good way to see the recruiter person who has enough talent to qualify for that job.
5.- Education: studies are important because they account credited with minimal knowledge learned. In addition, studies have more or less influence in the professional category to which they can choose and therefore aspire to a better wage.
Mexico can offer the same vacant for hundreds of candidates and the competition is very high in the country. So that companies have to make selection filters to find the right candidate for that particular job.
Vocational training is essential as search criteria for recruiters. Having a Bachelor, Master, Diploma or additional training courses are aspects that give value to the person and their CV.
The best jobs will be filled by candidates who prove to be more prepared than others and therefore have to work training.
Foreign language English ranks first, as recommended for this professional training ahead of the best job search but language as the business area and certain languages like German or Mandarin Chinese as we have seen with careers are preferred.
7.- Personal skills: in this last part of our curriculum vitae have to describe the knowledge we have acquired and will allow us to perform the work to which we choose, those competencies that differentiate us from the rest and complementary qualities of our professional profile chords to be the ideal job for that person.
Examples of Resumes
Relevant documents you need to have
- The job application will identify you as a person who is in search of a job.
- Documentation of completion of educational attainment.
- IMSS sheet (primer).
- Personal photographs if the necesitases for any particular step.
- Letters of recommendation from previous work activities, are a good way to enter the labor market.
Frequent errors in the preparation of our Curriculum Vitae to be avoided
- Misspellings and grammar is one of the easiest ways to identify by the recruiter to discard your cover letter as a suitable person for the job you are applying for.
Grammatical and spelling check is recommended by the candidate as often as necessary, before submitting it.
- Excessive extension of the contents: as rewards quality over quantity and many people are unaware of this aspect, tend to generate a lot of content but of dubious validity. Poor quality information plays against the candidate and the resume should focus on the most relevant aspects without exceeding in their extension. It is recommended to follow the rule of “be concise without exceeding”.
- Email inappropriate: email account must look professional. Leaving aside that which is used for other purposes other than the search for a job. Creating an email account specifically for job search it is recommended.
- Curriculum Vitae maladjustment to the job: many people do not have a specific curriculum for the job at which they choose. It is recommended to have a cover letter tailored to the position for which you are applying.
- Inclusion of abbreviations or difficult terms to understand: the inclusion of too many abbreviations or even difficult to understand terms imply a decrease in the chances of qualifying for the job. It is recommended to be professional and do not use abbreviations or technical terms that hinder the understanding by the recruiter “they are not engineers, designers and lawyers.”
- Inclusion of unnecessary information: Some people begin to fill your resume with unnecessary information as personal tastes or hobbies. This can be interpreted as not enough information to talk under a professional perspective and may go against the candidate. It is recommended to avoid adding unnecessary information that may go against the candidate.
- Failure to update the curriculum vitae: since the life path or career that CV candidate has to stay updated. Otherwise, the recruiter could interpret it as that person has not had time for it. It is recommended not to present a letter that has not been previously updated.
- Do not be creative or original: the competition is very wide in the search for a job. Most people drafted entitled: “Curriculum Vitae” and this not unlike the other candidates. It is recommended to incorporate a professional concise extract candidate to differentiate themselves from others.
- truthfully: recruiters are fully trained to identify the lies as they could be: inconsistency within the dates of completion of courses or studies, achievements invented jobs where no work was done. You have to be honest at all times and not truthfully. Is recommended to avoid the lies or altered information, you can check everything and it would be very embarrassing caught you lying.
- presume too: just as it is good to emphasize the achievements, overdoing it is negative. It is recommended not to fall into narcissism or inability to work as a team, as one of the most important aspects for recruiters.
- Poor choice of format or design: it has to use a format and design that allows for adequate understanding of the contents. Many people ignore this important for writing a resume look and exaggerated use letters, excessive call for attention or even an improperly designed for that purpose. It is recommended to choose a suitable design format for the job to which you want to choose, without overloading the text excessively.
As final advice if you are in the process of searching for job interviews is that when you send your CV by email do not do it like you’re Spam, do not use too many styles such as bold or italics, not projections data with red, do not send more than two images and do not send large files that can go well for compressed files before. The last advice is do not send emails on Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays this because as it is weekend is when recruiters do not work and have filled their inbox for all applications received during the weekend and yours go unnoticed .
I hope that was helpful found this great article and the next time you think of making a CV is not a problem for you.